Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tags for Day 3

Wow! These were so much fun to make! And I didn't have to buy a thing, I already have most of the Tim Holtz ink lines!! Wish you could really see these. The outside ones are done on glossy cardstock. I had it but I didn't know what to do with it before! You can bet I will be using it lots more. Also all the stamping (image part) was done with Archival ink. I used it for everything when I first started stamping and got away from it because the clean up was so hard. Well, Tim says he doesn't use anything but a cloth and sometimes water. I can do that! Sure makes me want to stamp with archival all the time. It gives such a wonderful image. The tag in the middle is embossed with an embossing folder. I didn't have one that had a lot of blank space so I used what I had. Didn't like what happened to it so I started stamping after the fact and I just love it! If you can zoom up on the cards, you will see lots of details. The two outside ones are done mostly with alcohol inks - not copics but the Tim Holtz line. I am sure copics would work if you wanted to use the various (refillers) and the blender. Since they aren't really made with that kind of use in mind, I wouldn't expect too much if you try it. I have lots of Tim's inks - lots!!! So lets see what tomorrow brings. The next birthday card won't be posted until next week since I don't have it made. Hugs to you all! Hope you enjoy the tags. I won't post them to my groups since I don't think that is right. Barb F

8 comments:

Ann said...

Love your tags, they're so vibrant, thanks for sharing! Can't wait for Day 4!!
Ann-R X

Karin said...

Stunning results, great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW...gotta go find my socks, cuz your tags done blown them off. LOL Especially love the stars, oh my, woman, you sure have taken off on the class. I've been under the weather and just watched Day 3. He's amazing, fast-talking, enthusiastic...loves what he does, fer sure! LOL I'm new to stamping and cards, so grateful to learn from the get-go, good habits AnnaPearl

Christina C. said...

I love tags and yours are truly gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Wow gorgeous tags!!!!! Keep going your doing a fabulous job on these!!!!!

Von said...

Gorgeous colour choices :) and fab tags :)
Von x

Sandy said...

Wonderful tags!!!!
Sandy

Snoopy said...

All I can say is, WOW!!!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D