Wednesday, March 28, 2012
This is the last card for March birthdays so now I can start on April - there aren't many so I might just get a head start on May which is loaded! I went on a kind of retreat last weekend and took the stuff to make this card. I just forgot to write down the copic colors I used. Sorry. Also sorry I chopped a bit off the top of the card. This is the very first time that I planned out a card completely before I did anything! I think I like the impromptu working better, although I like the result, it wasn't as much fun to do. I only took the copics I would need (matched up the papers with the copics before which is something I usually do anyhow). Then found something to take only those. So if you do it this way, you have to pick out ALL the papers you could possibly use and make them max size for your card. I also had to cut and fold the base because I didn't want to take a score board. Then I tried to figure out what I would need to cut on the cuttlebug and made several things I didn't use. I also did all my stamping in advance. All of the ladies were working on either needlework or quilting. Sure did't want to have ink around that! In my organizing, I found all of my eyelets! Huge find! So I made my tag for the inside. However, I ended up not liking the color eyelet I chose. Guess why it's stickled!!! And I also learned something pretty important. I only took one stickle bottle with me and it was colorless. I used it on a few things and then when I got home, I redid some of the stickles with the colored ones. OK - here is what I learned and why -
As you know I am taking the Tim Holtz class and fell back in love with archival ink (now that I am not using stamp cleaner anymore!!). So I did the stamping for the entire card with archival. I put stickles on the balloon. If you have been with me very long, you know I use enough stickles to own the company! Well, the color started to lift off! I was horrified! You can still use stickles,but you need to stay away from your edges. It also changed the color a little bit (I used red ink). So that was one I restickled (is that a word?) with colored stickles. I recolored my eyelet also. There must be something I never noticed before in the stickles ( usually I use the color of stickles to match what I am using it on).
I am also going to apologize for these photos - I accidentally deleted them from my phone before I transferred them to my computer so I only had these two left. Of course I already sent the card. It is for my sister whose birthday is today. Hopefully she will like it and it will be there today! I am super behind on my tags - like Fri, Mon, Tues and Wed. So I imagine I will be posting a lot of them all at once - I do have to make them yet! I only have the white marker, so we'll see what happens when I do that tag! I already own a big set of waterbased markers so I doubt I will be enticed to buy more. I have almost all the distress pads, the crackle paints and the perfect pearls (we haven't done those yet), also most of the distress embossing powders, some stain, some paint, just ordered the paper (I saw a revue by Amy R on youtube and am so glad I watched it. I probably would have tried the paper with my copics and now won't waste it. It is for stamping and using distress products. I am for that!! Enough gab - need to go make some tags!!! Hugs to you all, Barb F
at 9:12 AM