Monday, January 16, 2012

Wow! Lots to see!

So I have 2 clean and simple cards and 1 birthday card for you today. I have been busy!
I cut the letters on my cuttlebug - that is a first for me. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the cricut is a lot easier! Used that mono stuff glue and its wonderful. It has a green and white bottle. I glued the letters onto a piece of vellum and cut it fairly close to the letters. The background is a butterfly punch. Inked the edges with the fall purple distress ink. Perfect color! The tiny butterfly is also a punch. It looked odd to me, so I added the stickles. I like it now! Had to add them to the little butterfly so you could see it!


This one was so much fun! Cut the postage stamp edge with an edge punch. Made the tiny envelope on the cricut. The tiny heart is again the center of my double heart punch. The post card stamp is  stamped in a dark brown memento ink. Then I masked the image and stamped the background with a words stamp (I think it might be in French) with Hero arts light brown shadow ink. This is on an ecru cardstock. The edge was lost, so I masked a straight line on the inside of the card and sponged on the darker ink. Love how it came out! The message is "what lovely news" and from Gina K.
This one is on Kraft cardstock. I stamped various little kitchen stamps on the background with that same brown memento ink. Dragged out my corner frame punch for the frame for my little picture.  The copics I used are: Y21, Y28, Y26, E00, E11, R20, YR23, E25, B91, B93, B95, C1, C2, C3, G21 and Spica colors: 21, 09, 00. It felt so wonderful to put a ribbon on a card! And flowers and stickles and little gems (they are in the corners of the frame).  The gal this is for just redid her kitchen, so I kind of thought it appropriate for her.  And here is the inside.

The color didn't photograph well as it is the same as the outside! I used Tim Holtz paper for the calendar and frame around it.The little tag is colored with the spica pens, and her name is on the reverse side. It is tied with brown and white bakers twine. The Happy Birthday is heat embossed white. Don't know why it photographed so poorly. I stamped the inside to match the outside with the kitchen things. This is also the first time I tried the new copics paper! Got to say, it was much easier to color on. It blended much easier, was a whole lot easier to stay inside of the lines also. It is wonderfully smooth to the touch. I think that when I got into digital stamping and had so much trouble finding the right combo for me so the copics wouldn't run, that it was really a good thing. I colored on Staples cardstock. It was tricky, but I kept at it. I really learned a lot about how I color. There is a paper out there for everyone. We all color differently - some of us have a light touch (I think you have to learn this one) and some of us put way too much ink down and then have to fix it. Like everything, you have to be better at fixing than doing!! Practice, but do fix as that is when you really learn. Hope you all like what I am doing. I am loving this Clean and Simple class! Hugs to you all, please leave me a comment so I know whether you like my stuff or not!! Barb F

10 comments:

Christine said...

Wonderful creativity. It is difficult to pick my favourite.

Regina said...

They are so adorable!! Each project has a special look and I love them all!!

jodyb said...

Very pretty! So creative!

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, Barb! You've been a very busy gal and I love that you've posted them all. You've done a great job! Hugs...Barb...<><

cabio's craft corner said...

Delightful projects Barb. The CAS cards are lovely and the Tilda kitchen is cool!! Calendar card is so prett too :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Only By His Grace said...

Super cards Barb.
I love the postcard one with the little envelope and heart.
Hugs Maz

Ellis said...

Gorgeous cards Barb! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards!!!! the vintage look on the magnolia one is awesome!!!! The butterfly one is super cute!!!! Great job on both!!!!!

Pen to Paper said...

Barb, your cards are so cute!!! Love it!!

Hugs,

Jackie

Karen said...

Great cards!