Friday, January 13, 2012

Clean & Simple day 2

Loved making this one with that Tim Holtz die! (my idea of course)
This one started with a sprayed background. You mask off the border so it doesn't get sprayed. I used a very shiny one whose name escapes me. While it was dying, I cut the border die and colored it with the foam tool from Tim Holtz using the distress inks. The message is Gina K and it is raised. That paper under the town is supposed to be like a map. The color was really wrong, so I colored it with distress ink. I can see from the photo, that it really isn't the best match but it does "go". It is also too wide vertically and detracts from the town. I love how the background comes through the die cut and you can bet I will be doing this technique again! I do love that die. Hugs, Barb F

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I really DO love that house stamp and what you've done with it!