Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lots of cards!

Made three cards today! I needed a birthday card so I used the papers from it to make two more cards when I was finished. Two more for Operation Write Home! Just might get a box off to them by my goal date!! The birthday one is Edwin - one of my favorite images. I did keep track of the copics, but now can't find the paper anywhere - way too much going on here and I am guessing that I must have trashed it. So very sorry. If it shows up down the road, I will post it and refer to this image.
I did stickle the porthole  screws or whatever they are as well as the water. That entire stamp is cut out and on dimensionals.  I wanted a little bit different background for this so I cut out an entire one with that card creator die set I bought - actually I bought set a and set b so I could have every size! It is so easy to pick up a die and lay it on your card until you get the look you want and then go cut it. I think I am in love. I have a tendency in my old age to reverse numbers and I have been cutting a lot of stuff out that I can't use at that time because its wrong. Hopefully I won't have to worry about it anymore. So the gray/black paper and the yellow paper are both rectangles. The strip under the Happy Birthday goes all the way across. I really like the way it looks with the round porthole covering so much.  And then before I placed Edwin, I sprayed it with that new Shimmer spray sparkle first. Here is what that looks like:
and here is the inside of that card
This is just two circles I cut from the dp over a strip of the gray/black paper. I used so much on the front I didn't have a whole lot left and have two more cards to do. By the way the inside greeting is from Gina K. Love her stuff especially for the insides of cards.


So onto card number two. This one you will recognize as it is the same design as the last time I made three cards from one. I really like that pieced diagonal stips together. I cut the rectangle first from white cardstock and I bet you know what I used to cut it with.
After I made my insert, I just wrapped some twine - which is the regular stuff everyone else uses (brown and white here) and tied a bow. Thought it needed a little something so I glued down a few buttons and filled their holes with , you guessed it - stickles!! I know you couldn't see that "map" paper before but now there is a large enough piece of it. It has been in my stash a long time. I have been hoarding it! Oh well, it is going to a good cause. I edged stuff with gathered twigs Tim Holtz distress ink. And now for three.

A friend of mine asked me what you could do with a wood block stamp. Well here's a solution for that. I was looking at my stamp notebook for some idea on what to do for this card. I decided to look at the animal stamps. One of the first images I saw is that of this darling little bear. It is a wood stamp and so I knew by my book where it was and got it out. I didn't want to color it, so I stamped it on a scrap of darker brown cardstock. Then got my little heart punch out and out of another scrap - this time red with tiny stars, punched out a heart. I stamped the image again onto the yellow cardstock and cut out only the tiny pants. I cut out the bear and cut off the heart he was holding. I cut out his tiny hand on the heart part. Next I glued his tiny pants on and then glued that really tiny hand onto the heart. Then glued the heart onto the bear. I colored his little nose red with a colored pencil. Oh how cute!! That took more time to write than it did to do!!! He is on dimensionals. The yellow strip has a border punch on it. I found a little heart stamp - it is clear and used soft brown shadown ink to make the background.  I used a labels die to cut out the blue map behind him. So that is something you could do with any stamp if you can think of it!! Hope you like these! Hugs to you all, Barb F



11 comments:

Christina C. said...

Fabulous cards, Barb. Great colors!
Love the cute Edwin and the wonderful porthole in the background!

Karen said...

These are great Barb!!! So adorable! : )

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute and darling cards Barb!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Danielle said...

Adorable cards, Barb.

Ellis said...

You really made three different cards that all look stunning! Great work with one paper! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Kathya said...

You are doing great with the 3 cards you got going on. I love the Edwin one, that one is my favorite! We tend to forget about him. Your design for this card is absolutely wonderful. And you colored him perfectly!

Cathy Lee said...

These are awesome, Barb. You are so good to use your papers so effectively for three cards. Your Edwin is adorable and i just love that ship scene in the background. The shimmer spray effect is fabulous. Love it!
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Karen said...

Awesome cards! Great colors and design.

Karen

Linda Palmer said...

Love your cards, especially the Edwin card. He is such a cute sailor. Love how you have colored him. Great design.

Faye said...

Wonderful card!

Kelly said...

Fabulous card, I love the sea theme and your coloring is very nice. I also like the design of the second one, pretty papers. Your scrap book page looks great too. Thanks for showing your wonderful creations!