Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wedding here!

My grandson is getting married! I have been working on an album for him as well as a card. My time is really limited right now, so I am just posting the card. I spent hours trying to come up with something I liked that wasn't colored as I knew I wouldn't get that one just right. The wedding is still to come, and I am almost ready to go. If I have time, I will post the album before we go. I have two images for weddings - a Magnolia one and the Bildmalarna one I used. I just thought this one fit the couple better. I took two photos of it so you could see it in different lights. Here they are and then I will tell you how I got those looks.

   I stamped the image on cardstock first, then I cut it out. I find that way I can really center the stamp and if I mess up stamping, there isn't much to do. I just turn the cardstock over and try again. While I was stamping, I made a mask of it on computer paper. This one took several steps that I am not sure would all need repeating, but I will let you decide that for yourself. Then I cut it out using a Spellbinder's die. I am not sure which one right now. I put the mask over the couple, and sprayed the background with a sparkle spray - didn't like the way it came out over the white background. So then I decided it was maybe because I didn't have anything done to the image. Awhile back I made a Tim Holtz pallet of my perfect pearls. You could look that up on youtube if you wish. You just mix the perfect pearl powder in the little pallet cup with a tiny bit of water, let it set and close the top of the pallet. So I painted the bride's dress and veil with perfect pearl color. Then did the flowers and leaves with the purple and green. After it dried, it looked yellow and I really didn't like it!! Then I decided to sparkle the background using that new glitter I bought for the last class I took. Ritz. I used a glue pen so I could get up close to the image. That helped a whole lot! I burnished it just a little to be sure it wasn't going to rub off. But I still really regretted painting the dress because now I didn't like it. I pulled out my Ranger pearl acrylic paint and put a little on my craft sheet and painted it with a tiny paint brush. I immediately noticed that I could get a raised effect as because I had the perfect pearls behind, the paper wasn't absorbing the paint at all. So I made sure my brush strokes followed how I thought the dress would fall. I took my time as paint doesn't dry quickly at all! Once I liked the look, I set it aside to dry. I had no idea what I was going to do with this! After it dried, I really liked the way it looked. Their wedding colors ended up being purple and green with a little brown. I found some very pretty paper that was silver over white making a neat design and I thought, I wonder how that would look embossed. So I tried it - loved the leaves in that embossing folder!! You really didn't notice it much, so I inked over it with the new purple distress ink from Tim Holtz - I think it was in the spring group. It was the absolute perfect color though!! Thought it needed a little fancy so I did the edge with a Martha Stewart punch.  I added the darker purple cardstock to set it off from the actual card and a ribbon and there wasn't anymore I needed to do to it except add a greeting to the inside.  Sure hope they like it. Sorry I have been absent. Have been on vacation and a little under the weather. Hugs to you all, Barb F

1 comment:

ScrappySandie said...

Wow, Barb! Another labor of love! SO many steps involved in this one! But it turned out beautifully! Her dress looks amazing! And the background is just gorgeous! Thanks for all the info on the products you used too!