Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 10

This card was supposed to use border stamps. We were shown lots of things to do with clear mount border stamps. Only one problem - I only had one! All the rest of mine were red rubber and my mind wasn't working too well. I have a blind side when it comes to stars. I just love stars and once I started thinking stars, well, that was really the end of it. I did add lots of stars from my border stamp all over the place. I recently bought a Martha Stewart border punch of stars and of course I own a cricut with a bazillion cartridges and a gypsy, so I can pretty much make stuff if I need to or am so inclined. Well, I had an idea and it did take me longer than usual to put it together. I guess because this was made today before Day 9 and I wanted it to be for my service people and as such, I wanted it to be just right and for either a man or woman. And of course the stars!!
The star dp is a recent addition to my collection of star papers! I just can't resist!. I cut those stars on my cricut and stamped different star designs on each one with that border stamp. I used distress ink. I cut out the thank you on my cuttlebug - waiting for that extra shim I need for spellbinders dies for the vagabond. The little star and the greeting are on dimensionals. I added a couple of straight lines of stars under the stars also. My thoughts were that the person who would get this was certainly a star in my mind - just had to keep it within size. A2.


I spent a crazy amount of time getting the center stamped here. Then it dawned on me to try a different ink! So distress didn't work so well, but memento london fog was perfect. The letters on the bottom of the circle weren't real legible, so I went over them with my Pentel white gel pen. It is fabulous and so far has not let me down. I really like the way the inside came out. It says, wishing you the very best! I don't think my photography is the very best, but I use my phone as it is a whole lot easier. Hugs to you all, Barb F

6 comments:

Allyson said...

I think this card is really creative. You certainly stretched your stamp.

Ellis said...

A very starry card and it looks amazing! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Jodie R said...

Oh my gosh! ALL of your cards are absolutely adorable! I went back through all the days and I am in love with every single one. It looks like you had an awesome time. Beautiful!!

stampini (Lynda M) said...

I love this fantastic card. SO MUCH DETAIL, SO MUCH GOING ON.

lindagrady said...

These are great, Barb. I send to OWH, too; it's an awesome organization.

Rene said...

Loooooove it!!!
Rene :D