Sunday, September 19, 2010

In Advance?

Thought I could maybe get ahead of all the birthdays coming up. If that is a possibility? This card is for our youngest grandchild's first birthday. He is even cuter than the card - now what kind of Grandma would I be if I thought any differently?!! This card was so easy to make, it almost made itself! I love the Edwin images, but I think this one with the chicken is my favorite. I am deathly afraid of chickens, so I can't imagine why I am so crazy nuts about this stamp! I managed to find a good reason to put flowers on my "boy" card, so they actually look like they belong (I think so anyhow!). There is lots of glitz, as usual and I even got some glitzy ribbon! The letters of his name hold the card in the standing position. Colorwise, the letters didn't photograph as close to the background red cardstock as it is in real life. Guess its because of the shine on the letters. They are foil covered. I had a bunch of little animal stamps, but the cow was the only guy facing the right way. And they when I checked my sticker stash, I found this adorable sheep with the googly eyes!! I hope you enjoy this one. It is going to be hard for me to give it up when Grady's birthday actually gets here!! Hugs to you all, Barb F

14 comments:

Cami said...

Your card is so cute for a little boy's birthday! Your coloring is beautiful and I love this scene! Great job, Barb! Hugs, Cami

Crazystamper said...

Beautiful card Barb! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.crazystamper.typepad.com

Jean said...

Barb, this card is so adorable.. do love this little Edwin, he is so adorable holding his little chicken with the egg and you did such a great job coloring him and the fence... love the cow in the background.. and the sheep is so precious!!! I love it and want to make one like it... so sweet for one of my many grandson's.
Hugs,Jean

Trish D said...

Barb am sure you grandson will love this, he is so cute this Edwin :)

Anonymous said...

Such a nice bright and cheery card Barb, he is sure to love this super cute Edwin.
hugs

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute seeing you putting the flowers by the fence. The lamb is so adorable on this Edwin card Barb!
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

What a cute card! Love that you used Grady's name to hold the card open. So sweet to have all the animals on the card - that sheep is adorable :o)

Vivi Casale said...

aww.. Barb.. what gorgeous easel card you made... your coloring is great!!!!!
TFS!
xxx
Viv

LINDA W. said...

We love our Grandchildren don't we
great card..it is so cute
Hugs Linda

Lisette Morris said...

Awesome card! Your coloring is fantastic and the sheep are adorable!

Card Crazy said...

He's adorable. You've given me a great idea for my nephew's b-day.TFS

Barb Hardeman said...

What a cute little barnyard scene you've created here! How cute Edwin is perched atop the fence and the cow is a goot! Love how you added his made with the little sheep! Great use of stickers...hugs...Barb H.

Unknown said...

I think Grady is gonna LOVE this card!! I know I do! Beautiful scene...I love this little Edwin. Pat Frank

Iris Wiechmann said...

Sooooo cute and a beautiful scene! Love the flowers by the fence, great idea!

Hugs,
Iris