Thursday, July 8, 2010

First July birthday


We have 3 July birthdays - used to be 5. Guess this was a pretty popular month? DH oldest is a nurse and I just had to have this stamp - I am not very good knowing where I get things but I know you all have seen this one around. Sorry for that. The copics I used are E00, E11, E31, E37, C1, C3, B0000, B93, B95, B97, R17, R20.  I used Stickles on her wings, earrings and for some edges. There are a couple of clear gems. I used tim Holtz' old paper distress ink for the background of the nurse and greeting both of which used dimensionals when I mounted them. I used the following Martha Stewart punches: lace edging, pansy edging and cards edging. I also used 2 white ribbons to make the bow. I found that I now really like coloring on Staples cardstock! It is super cheap! I tried it because I was told it doesn't run when you print digital stamps and color with copics. Maybe I should clarify that some. Whether a digital image runs or not depends on 3 things, the printer ink, the paper and the markers. Two of those are constants to me. I have an hp deskjet and that isn't going to change as long as it works! The copics are the markers and that is also constant! So I have been trying different cardstocks. I just can't get over that I can print it and color it and no running either from the printer ink or the copics! I can also stamp it with Memento and same - no running!! So that is my gift to you all!! Hope you like this card!! I do appreciate all the comments you write - sometimes they really make my day!! Hugs to you all, Barb F
Sorry I can't figure out how to move these photos around so it takes less room!!

No comments: