Monday, June 28, 2010

A different red, white and blue



Found this striped paper while I was looking for blue papers and just had to use it. It is blue after all. The sketch is rather loosely my interpretation of the Magnolia Birthday Bash challenge 9. I used the following copics: C1, E00, 11, R20, 17, BG10,15, Y21,28, YR23, W1,3. I just had to have flowers anf ribbons and lots of sparkle!!! I found this paper with the right color of blue and little/big red stars on it. It seemed to be just right. I punched the red lacy, glittery paper with a Martha Stewart punch - love making my own lace!  I do love this image, she is fairly new to my stash! I needed a thank you card and found a nice thank you sticker in my stash. Hope you enjoy this one nearly as much as I enjoyed making her.
We have been doing some major yard work as well as blinds (inside the house!) and I have not had much time or energy for much else. Sorry for the long dry spell! I did make another card but don't have time to post it today. Hugs to you all, Barb

6 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Barb F.
Love the sparkle you've added to Tilda's dress and the stars. This is totally sweet...Barb in Texas

cabio's craft corner said...

That's so sparkly and pretty Barb. Funny that I recognize that DP as I just used that on my last post, lol. Very pretty Tilda and fun stars add ons :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sheri said...

Your coloring is just fantastic! I love all the details you've put together for this! Thanks so much for joining the Magnolia Stamp Lover challenge!

Deb said...

Fantastic colouring Barb and I love, love, love the way you've used the red!!
Hugs,
Deb xoxo

Sue said...

I Love the card..Everything blends well. I hope I can learn to color like that. I am anxious to get strted..

KarenC said...

Your little Tilda is so cute and the coloring spectacular. I love the way you used punches to create the lace corners.
Karen C