Saturday, June 19, 2010

And yet another birthday!!


This one is for my younger son, Joe. Today is his birthday and he is all the way across the country. I sure miss him! He and his wife love to cook and bake, hence the Tilda and Edwin I chose. I learned a bit more about coloring fur in my certification class. I did the cat before the class and the bear after it. I am happier with the bear but I will keep trying to improve on it. It is a 5 x 7 card that just opens normally. It was so heavy, I couldn't get it to stand up! I did get a mite carried away with the papers and they were all cardstock! This one's going to cost to mail! Hope he likes it and hope you do too! Guess what?! I actually kept track of the copics! You should find them under the photos if I finally understand this blog thingy!
the bear is the outside of the card. I used the following copics: YG 63, 67; E08,31, 33, 35, 37, 00, 29, 11; Y28, 21; YR 23; B93, 95, 97, 0000; R20. Hope you enjoy it. I know I used the c's for the cat but don't remember which ones.

6 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

What a cute card Barb! You're doing so well with your coloring and the images you chose for your son are perfect. Great job on the 'fur'. It's not an easy task to master, but you're well on your way!
Hugs,
Barb H.

Vivi Casale said...

adorable card Barb! I love all the sparkling on it!!
And Tilda & Edwin are colored beautifully!
Hugs
Vivi

Unknown said...

Congrats on your "baby's" birthday!! Isn't it funny how our kids get older and yet we stay the same age?!! Your card is darling!! I love how you've included both Edwin and Tilda...and I think your paper choices and layering are perfect!! Pat Frank

Kathy Gerace said...

Such a cute card! You did a great job choosing stamps and coloring the images. I understand the feelings of sons getting older - my baby turned 40 this spring :(
Kathy Gerace

cabio's craft corner said...

These cards are so adorable and cute Barb! Keep them coming :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Monique said...

They are lovely !!

Hugs Monique