Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cupola birthday cards

 I just love how this one came out! It is for a  3 yr old boy. Found the chipboard lion in my stash (no telling how long I have had it since I can't remember it). Thought how cute that would be and really didn't feel the need to color an image. I knew exactly which paper I was going to use and had even made a paper pack with it! I thought it would look cute with that talk balloon and since I didn't have any, I had to make my own.
It's pretty easy to draw one and then cut it out. I used a pencil so I could erase whatever I missed. Hunted through my stamps to find the words. Didn't have it exactly - it said just saying hello. So I cut the hello off! The ribbon which I have been hoarding is from Gina K!  And here is the inside of the card.  Cut the label thing out of the patterned paper and used a couple of cute brads before I put it together. The Happy Birthday is glued on after as I wanted it to look noticeable. Sure hope he likes it. Now onto another card actually going to his Mom for her birthday.
 This is a lalaland image and just had to have it. I misplaced the copics I used again - I am getting pretty feeble minded lately! The colors matched another paper pack I put together that I wanted to use.  That laticey look is a Martha Stewart edge punch, Just love how nice it looks. Amazingly enough I made the entire other card and this card front without stickles! Alas! I did use them on the inside of this card though along with glossy accents (on the hearts). There is just a tiny amount of stickles next to the greeting/saying. I used leftover pieces from the front to decorate the inside. The colors are not usual for me - I am not a pastel person, usually my colors are very vivid. But I liked how this one came out and feel pretty sure she will like her card, too.
Now to answer a couple of questions. What is "card creator"? There are 2 basic sets and they are dies for use in manual cutting machines (cuttlebug, spellbinders, sizzix, vagabond). They make a2 sized pieces for layering onto an a2 sized card base ( 4 1/4 x 5 1/2) If you get both sets, you will have rectangles in 1/8" increments to layer on the base. There are also a couple of dies for use on making a rectangular label to go with your card. The dies are absolutely perfect!! Just pick out a size and run it through your machine. It doesn't come any easier than that. The edges are perfectly perpendicular (90 degrees) and the sides are perfectly straight. It makes card making a breeze. They also have a couple of fancy cuts that are card creator dies. There are quite a few dies in each set. There are stamps that work with the dies, however, I am really not interested in them right now so I can't tell you how well they work. But the dies are simply wonderful!! You can find them only at www.stampingscrapping.com. At least for now only, since the lady who owns the site designed them. Since they are made by spellbinders, maybe you would find at least a link from their site - I do not know. 

8 comments:

Rosie Guiher said...

The dies sound womderful, thanks for the info on them. Your cards are lovely.

Danielle said...

Great cards! I bought the basic Card Creator sets and they are great! Now I'm saving pennies for the fancy ones. :)

Sheri said...

Beautiful job!! I love the lion card so much!! Just darling and such a wonderful review on the Creative Card Maker Dies! I bet Cindy at StampingScrapping.com would love to see this! :)

Cindy said...


You are so creative and THANKS for the shout out on my dies.
You are so talented

stampingtink said...

Just adorable, all of them! That lion is too cute and I love the inside! And that sweet Marci is so stinking pretty!

EnblogSail said...

Oh sooo cute!!
Caryl

Anonymous said...

Very sweet cards, I love the little LaLaLand girlie
Hugs julie P

Snoopy said...

Oh these are just adorable!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D