Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lots of Catchup

 First things first, right? This is a birthday card for one of our grandsons. He is going to be 8. I have been organizing along with the lady from TheScraprack. com. I don't plan on buying a unit but am thinking about some of the other products. Will maybe get to see them at the Megameet in May in Novi, MI. In the meantime, her free online class is wonderful!
Getting back to the card, I had a goal to use stickers on a card - never did it before. My vision is still not right but I think Edwin came out ok. He is fussy cut and on dimensionals. My other goal was to use up as much paper as I could. This is a pretty hefty card. I used way more paper than I ever have. Its a little different for me, but I like it as I hope he will.  I do have lots to share as I have also been scrapbooking and working in my art journal.






This is the card open







This is a 12 x 12 scrapbook page. The center of the page is a very old photo album that one of my daughters sent me. I have been sorting photos (see the class I mentioned) and found it. Decided to not reinvent the wheel and use it as is. Since I reorganized my paper and embellishments, it took me probably 5 minutes to pick out the papers and embellishments!! How great that was and not only that, my desk is clear so I had lots of room to work!!
The round things are sequin like things that I turned up in the organize. I was going to journal some but then realized I had nothing to add, that the title did it all. The photos have a date stamp on each one. She wrote a little caption about each photo on the inside back cover.





With the photo book open. See how the photos cascade?












Another 12 x 12 of my newest grand baby. Again I didn't journal. There is a lot going on here. Lots of little stories about the embellishments. I bought little alphabet beads years ago and finally found a really good use for them. I found a wooden banner that fit her name. Used a pink ink over it and didn't care for the look so I added stickles over the ends. I was subscribing to an English magazine that always sends a goodie with the magazine. (It is pretty expensive, but a fab mag). They sent a bunch of punch out gorgeous paper. I used a lot of it on this page. Also see the little wooden family? The proud Papa here is the little boy in the photos on the page above!!






And here is an art journal page in progress. I used acrylic paints and lots and lots of stamps. Had a really good time with it. Started with stencils and just kept going. I know its not finished but one of these days I will know why and finish it.
I sure hope this post helps make up for my absences. I have been doing things, just not as much as I was. No excuses, but seeing and handling all my "stuff" has sure helped me get back on track. Guess that is my mojo. I am one of those "neat" people, love to organize if it makes it easy to find things, since I can't remember much anymore. Now I don't have to waste all of my time looking for things.  Next time I will share my room with you - as a matter of fact, I forgot I did a video and put it on youtube so my daughter could see what I had done. Its pretty long, but you can go see it if you wish, my name on youtube is Barb F. Fancy that!
Looking forward to hearing from you. Need a lift up from all this snow!! Hugs to you all, Barb F

7 comments:

Ellis said...

Fabulous creations Barb and they all look beautiful! Great idea for the scrapbook page and the journal looks amazing! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wonderful creations you made Barb! Great to see your new projects and get messages again in the yahoo groups. Be sure and drop by my blog and get some wonderful blog candy during my month long celebration. Cheers, Holley http://holleybarnhartsblog/blogspot.com

Barb Hardeman said...

Wonderful scrapbook pages Barb. You haven't been totally idle in your absence. These are both so very creative...hugs...Barb

Karen said...

You have been busy! These are all great!!

Karen said...

You have been very busy! So creative and special.

Karen

Cathy@Stampsandscrapbooks.com said...

Great post, Barb! I love your journal pages! The colors POP off the page!

Laura said...

That's a lot of great projects! All of them are awesome!