Friday, July 12, 2013

1st July Birthday

 This one was so much fun to do! I tried out a few techniques that I either have never tried or its been a long time. I really wanted to use that green paper and loved how the blue goes around the very edges. This is a 5 x 7 card and the paper is 6 x 6. It is pieced to give the border effect. I don't think its very noticeable even in person. The part that says Happy Birthday uses a lot of the same papers, but I didn't have any green left. That edge is a border punch. After I colored this image with my copics, it looked really odd and it took me a bit to realize that the "rug" I had put in was very crooked. I thought it was just the way I had it on the card stock and cut it out with a spellbinder die.
It still looked odd. I took a ruler and pencil, drew a straight line where it should have been and recolored. I didn't even need to erase that line and think it looks so much better. There is very little use of stickles, but it is there! Lots of papers on this one. I started out to make the card from that blue. When I folded the scored line, it cracked. I do not know what I do, but I hate that Bazill (or however you spell it) card stock. I decided to cut it pretty close to size and thereby salvage the mess I made. I ended up liking that white border around it better than it being plain. The butterflies are a punch. I do use that one a lot. The copics I used are: E00, E11, E49, E31, E33, E35, E37, E18, YG91, YG95, R46, R59, R20, B0000, BG72, C1, C3, W2. I have two more birthday cards to make this month. Both girls cards.
Have been working on my project life, a bit at a time when the mood hits me. Decided that was the best way for me. We are finally wrapping up our bathroom remodel. Just have to show you how neat it came out. This is most of the bathroom.
The walls are a very pale yellow green. You can see the difference as that towel is yellow. I am truly in love with my bathroom! Wish my entire house had as much light! So maybe now I might get some stuff done ! My mind hasn't been working too well lately!! Wonder why?
Good thing I have been Zentangling - it has been keeping me fairly calm! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Hugs to you all, Barb F

3 comments:

Snoopy said...

Lovely card, Barb and what a great bathroom. Woohoo for you!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

Ellis said...

Stunning card you made and great colors! Love the new bathroom, the green is wonderful! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Faye said...

Nice card. Well done bathroom too!
Faye