Thursday, January 19, 2012

Very Productive Night


Couldn't sleep last night, so got up and made a card. This one is a super neat technique! The "blossom" is made from folded small circles! I just love it and of course it was just a little too simple for me, so I stamped the background and added a tiny bow. Just had to add more! OK!! I learned something really important also that I thought I would pass along - most of the background stamps (the big ones) seem to allow for a 1/4" border all around the image. Hero Arts border stamps actually cover 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. So it was by accident that I realized this last night. If you are wanting your background to cover the whole card you have a choice, you can cut the card down or have a border. Or use Hero Arts. I am not sure all the stamps are like that, so measure them before you use them and get disappointed. We had another condolence card I had to make in a hurry and Jennifer McGuire's latest proved to be a really pretty card. I will be posting a colored one soon. She showed the stamping on black with white ink and then coloring the image. It is knockout! I thought when I first stamped this that it was perfect for my condolence card as it and used Gina K's method of gold embossing the edges to make it a little more elegant. So here are both cards!
This one has a hole cut in the front and a dashed line around the opening done with colored ink.
Don't think the gold embossing is showing too well. The color is really all off, but the photo is clear. This backgound is BLACK!, the image is stamped in WHITE and the edges are GOLD!! I thought it came out really nice and can't rephoto it as its already in the mail! Let me know which you like best! Hugs to you all, Barb F

No comments: